“I want again to breathe your free Air. I expect it will mend my Constitution and confirm my principles. I have indeed as good an Atmosphere at home as the Climate will allow: but have nothing to brag of as to the State and Liberty of my Country. . . . So I [leave you] to pity me and pray for Liberty of Conscience [to revive among us.]”
James Madison to William Bradford of Pennsylvania, January 24, 1774
James Madison to William Bradford of Pennsylvania, January 24, 1774
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Gaidi Burgess, Man of God
Last week, my family and I had the privilege of worshiping at Greater Mount Zion Baptist Church in Houston, Texas. My student at Southwestern in Western Civ and Christian Apologetics, Rev. Gaidi Burgess, is the pastor there and he preached a powerful sermon from Acts 12.1-5. We were blessed to hear an expository message delivered with passion and conviction. Mandy and I are still talking about it days later.
Rev. Burgess was gracious enough to invite me to preach on February 27. Watch the video of Rev. Burgess preach, then pray that I will somehow be able to find a way to follow his example.
Labels:
Christianity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment