“I want again to breathe your free Air. I expect it will mend my Constitution and confirm my principles. I have indeed as good an Atmosphere at home as the Climate will allow: but have nothing to brag of as to the State and Liberty of my Country. . . . So I [leave you] to pity me and pray for Liberty of Conscience [to revive among us.]”

James Madison to William Bradford of Pennsylvania, January 24, 1774

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Night Roundup

Jonathan Zimmerman on the Jeremy Lin stereotype.

Pluto discovered, February 18, 1930.

John Fea: Obama the most explicitly Christian president in history?

Affordable Care Act: What Would the Founders Do?

2012 Election to be the most uncivil in history? I don't think so.

Some healthcare humor--Enjoy!

Surrender of Ft. Donelson to Gen. U. S. Grant, February 6, 1862--Civil War Sesquicentennial

Interested in digging for crystals? This is a great place to go.

My brother, Baldwin County, Alabama Commissioner, District 3.

Angola Prison Rodeo, April 21-22, 2012. We're going!

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA! Obama the most Christian president! Ahh thank you Dr. Wilsey, I always love a laugh:P

    In case you can't tell (and you don't remember from class) I do not find that true in anyway. For many reasons,
    1. The whole making everyone pay for people's abortions law. Religious tyranny? I think so.

    2. He has in fact been caught mocking God and the Bible including the sermon on the mount which he sarcastically states, "Was SO radical, that millions were turned to him." This was in excuse for separating the Biblical government from ours.

    And many other reasons. But then I'll get to steamed and start being waaay more biased than I am right now;)

    Anyways, I'm sure you could slam all my arguments easily, but please, don't leave me bloody on the floor;)

    ReplyDelete