O Lord Jesus Christ, who dost embrace children with the arms of Thy mercy, and dost make them living members of Thy church; give them grace, we pray Thee, to stand fast in Thy faith, to obey Thy word, and to abide in Thy love; that, being made strong by Thy Holy Spirit, they may resist temptation and overcome evil, and may rejoice in the life that now is, and dwell with Thee in the life that is to come; through Thy merits, O merciful Saviour, who with the Father and the Holy Ghost livest and reignest one God, world without end. Amen.
From the Book of Common Prayer, "Prayers and Thanksgivings"
“I want again to breathe your free Air. I expect it will mend my Constitution and confirm my principles. I have indeed as good an Atmosphere at home as the Climate will allow: but have nothing to brag of as to the State and Liberty of my Country. . . . So I [leave you] to pity me and pray for Liberty of Conscience [to revive among us.]”
James Madison to William Bradford of Pennsylvania, January 24, 1774
James Madison to William Bradford of Pennsylvania, January 24, 1774
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment