Well, I haven't been very productive in the blogosphere this week. I'm preparing my paper on the value of religious freedom to the Christian apologetic endeavor to be presented at the Southwest regional ETS meeting in Ft. Worth later this week. I am excited about this paper because I hope it can make a contribution to evangelicals' use and defense of it in these uncertain times. The paper is going to appear as the introduction to a primary source reader in the history of religious freedom that I have been working on for the last year.
Thanks to those of you who are following the blog--this week, I hope to keep your attention with some fascinating stuff!
“I want again to breathe your free Air. I expect it will mend my Constitution and confirm my principles. I have indeed as good an Atmosphere at home as the Climate will allow: but have nothing to brag of as to the State and Liberty of my Country. . . . So I [leave you] to pity me and pray for Liberty of Conscience [to revive among us.]”
James Madison to William Bradford of Pennsylvania, January 24, 1774
James Madison to William Bradford of Pennsylvania, January 24, 1774

No comments:
Post a Comment