“I want again to breathe your free Air. I expect it will mend my Constitution and confirm my principles. I have indeed as good an Atmosphere at home as the Climate will allow: but have nothing to brag of as to the State and Liberty of my Country. . . . So I [leave you] to pity me and pray for Liberty of Conscience [to revive among us.]”

James Madison to William Bradford of Pennsylvania, January 24, 1774

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saturday Night Roundup (On Sunday)

Looks like I missed my deadline--but not by much. Here are some interesting links for you to click--

Discovery of a forgotten first hand account of the sinking of the Titanic in 1912

What makes a good (or bad) neighbor?

Perhaps Romney ought to take note of LeHigh's victory over Duke

Interested in learning iaido using your 500 year old samurai sword that is as sharp as it was then? Click here

Nice pictures and narrative of a hike around Humpback Rocks in VA. Learned a new word: "bro-tastic." Sounds like what it apparently means.

The 2012 Bancroft Prize winner, awarded by Columbia University, was a classmate of mine.

1848 Europe = 2011 Middle East?

Sarah Everett of Juneau, Alaska, James Madison student/James Madison impersonator

Evangelical giving to foundations surges

Forgive student loan debt?

British atheist defends religion and criticizes Hitchens

Interactive map of Europe during World War I. Great resource for history teachers and just fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment